Monday, August 3, 2009

The Second Annual Grill Off

Yesterday was our annual grill off. Last year was our first one with chicken being the base for all the entrees. This year was much more organized (thank you, Heather), larger in number, and fillet mignon was the choice cut for all our "chef's" recipes.
Before the chaos began there was a ton of preparations in the kitchen. Aren't they a cute couple?

The organizer of this entire event (in the purple) with her "wing man" right beside!
Pony rides helped keep the kids happy while waiting for dinner.
As did playing in the pool.
Heather sporting the "Ginormous Glasses." Looking good sis!
Those lilies smelled soooo good and of course looked lovely on the tables. Compliments of Kelly :)
Well, this was Josh and I before the results of the Grill off and the Bake off came out. We don't want to talk about it :(
All five of the grill masters. Looks hot doesn't it?
The judges. We were very excited to add Jason (back right) to this lucky group of individuals.
I'm sure from the photo you can guess who took first. Just wait, Dad. The day will come when one of us will take that trophy home. Just wait!
Meanwhile the kids kept busy with gator rides. Eventually the poor John Deere ran out of juice and needed to be pushed back to the barn.
The pool was a fun hangout as you can see.
And what party isn't complete without a coloring contest? Congratulations to Miss Ava for taking first, although they were all beautifully colored!
The kids' table. I believe there were close to 15 children there. What fun!
The adults' table. I believe we had exactly 18. What a party!!
It was such a fun-filled weekend and we can't wait until next year's competition. I believe we are doing burgers for the grill off and chocolate desserts for the bake off. Since we have all year to prep I'm sure there will be some wonderful creations involved. Can't wait!

No comments: