Friday, October 22, 2010

Baby Girl Update

Yesterday was an exciting day to say the least! I went in to see the doctor as I have been having some weird pain in my abdomen and thought it best to get it checked out. Dr. Trihn checked me out and thought it best to send me over to the hospital for an ultrasound in order to rule out the possibility of a hernia or any other complications. They hooked me up to a monitor for both baby girls heart rate and contractions and I got to sit and relax for a while by myself. Soon the ultrasound tech came in and I got a chance to see our little girl once again. Well, turns out she is not that little and is in fact measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. This however is not that big of a surprise seeing as Anthony was 10lbs 6oz when born. The Wrights grow big babies to say the least. So, we now know that we have a big baby already. The second surprise came when my nurse came in and told me that I was having about 4-5 good contractions every 10 minutes. Being only at 33 weeks this was cause for concern so the Dr. now has me on some medication to stop the contractions which seems to be working a little but the side effects are ridiculous. I have also had the joy of receiving two very painful steroid shots that have left my back side rather sore. Anyway, the good news is that our little girl is healthy and happy for now and that we might just get to meet her sooner than planned, just not to soon we hope.

2 comments:

Naphtali Garfield said...

Wow!! Glad you got checked out and that everything is okay. Can't believe you're going to have her sooner rather than later. Yay!!

Abra Marie said...

wowsers! What a stinker! Glad everything is ok. Praying for you!