Sunday, July 4, 2010

Anthony's Big Day

As most of you know Anthony turned 2 on July 2! He woke up to find the dinning room covered in balloons, streamers, presents, and a table full of birthday cards from aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents, and great grandparents all wishing him a happy birthday. He really still hasn't grasped the concept of birthdays so he was more excited for the balloons and his morning helping of raisins than he was about the carefully wrapped pile of presents waiting for him to tear open. But with a little encouragement from mom and dad he slowly began to understand that under all the paper were new toys and books for him to play with.
Josh took part of the morning off to be with his son and he and Anthony spent most of it playing with his gifts.
Grandpa Dave took Anthony out to see the ponies over at the University of Idaho later that day as a special treat for the little guy. Most of my day was spent setting up for our big family celebration, which I have to admit, I rather enjoyed!
Once the family arrived we attempted to sing "Happy Birthday" to our 2 year old but he screamed through the entire song and didn't calm down until we asked him to blow out the candle. Boys and fire, I will never understand the infatuation.
Then it was time to eat!
And run free with all his cousins in the backyard.
It was a little difficult to convince the birthday boy to sit down and open more presents due to the amount of fun he was having with all of his cousins but we had lots of helping hands and finally made it through the pile of goodies. That kid got spoiled!!
Passing out our thank you hugs and sporting our new Stetson.
The new barn from grandma Annie and grandpa Dave was a huge hit. The kid loves his animals. Future FFAer I am sure of it :)
Happy Birthday lil' man and our prayer for the coming year for you is this:

May your horse never stumble,
Your cinch never break.
Your belly never grumble
Your heart never ache.
- the cowboy prayer

Love you buddy!!

2 comments:

Aryn said...

Shawna- you did an excellent job putting this page together! I loved every minute of it! Tell Anthony a big Happy Birthday from his Aunt Aryn! Wish I could have been there with all his other Aunts and Uncles, spoiling him like crazy! I love and miss you!

John Wright said...

That was fantastic Shawna and Josh. I love the new Stetson and the cowboy prayer. Happy Birthday nephew!