Sunday, July 3, 2011

Anthony turns 3

Anthony turned 3 yesterday! The preparations for his big day began weeks early as I was trying to settle on a theme for the party. We decided to go with a "Cars" theme as the movie "Cars 2" came out the week before and we thought it would be fun to take him out to the theater.

The decorating began late Friday night as I like all the balloons and streamers to greet the kids first thing in the morning.
I was so excited for him to see all his presents that I had trouble sleeping and practically broke down the poor kid's door when he slept longer than I felt necessary. But, he did eventually wake up and came out to see all the festivities and of course presents. He got a big boy bike, tool box, puzzle, stickers, etc. His favorite gift from us by far was the tool box and he and his daddy spent quiet sometime figuring out how each of the nails, screwdriver, and hammer worked.


The family get together was later that afternoon. The table all set awaiting the cousins arrival.
The cake complete with special icing, which actually made my stomach turn and Anthony asked to have scraped off.


Time for cake. Thankfully he didn't start screaming this year when everyone sang to him. We are growing up!


And time for presents!


We went to a late showing of Cars 2 with cousins River and Terran which sadly wasn't the best of movies but the boys didn't seem to care much. Afterward we let them play awhile in the park outside of the theater. What a great way to end a great day!

Happy Birthday lil' man! Love you forever!!


No comments: