Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brainless

Is it just me or do all new moms temporarily lose their mental capabilities and checks after baby arrives? Over the past two weeks I can't seem to verbalize what I want to say correctly, can't remember clearly where I have put things, and have said some of the most inappropriate things to the most random people, some of who are mere acquaintances. Tonight was the real kicker. A woman from our church brought us dinner and commented on how much hair Harper had. I in turn, in my groggy mental fog, went on to tell her how we knew before she arrived that she had dark hair and lots of it (don't worry, I won't be sharing that information with you all). Needless to say I think she was rather shocked at the amount of information I was disclosing to her. I think I need more sleep, for all our sakes :)

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh girl, I hear ya! I'm queen of 'foot in the mouth', and my baby is nearly 3!
I heard this quote once: "Silence is golden, duct tape is silver."
I thought I should give that a try :)
Miss that sweet baby :) Enjoy your downtime by the snowy windows!