Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple Picking

Each fall the family gets together to go apple picking in Garfield, Washington at a little place called Bishop's Orchard. We all look forward to it very much because it ultimately means we will get to fill our bellies with fresh pressed cider, homemade apple pies, and homemade apple sauce.

We enjoyed warmer weather this year compared to last years fall rains. Terran really enjoyed hanging upside down while his cousin Sara planted a big kiss on his cheek.

Then there is always a few of us who are daring enough to climb up a tree or two in order to get the larger apples. I am proud to say that I was among the brave few to attempt that feat and am also very thankful that no one got a shot of it as well.

After our big excursion it is tradition that we head back to my parents to enjoy my mothers famous homemade cinnamon rolls and chilli. A strange combination when I stop and think about it, but we all enjoy it and are always eager for seconds!

The day was topped off with blankets, pillows, and a warm, cozy fire out on the patio. I just love this time of year!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow girl-you are super-fast at the blog tonite! I haven't even gotten through my 118 pictures yet! Mmm, but cider sounds good right now! (And I thought I wasn't going to be able to eat anything again for a week!)