Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Harper's first birthday.

Our little girl turned one mid-November and it was quite the memorable birthday to say the least. In my head I had the whole day planned out and it was going to be perfect however the day didn't go at all according to that plan. The night before was spent in the usual way; wrapping presents, hanging streamers, making the cake and by the end of it all I was exhausted and ready for some good shut eye. Sleep was something Josh and I would go without that night as a result of our little birthday girl coming down with a nasty bug. By the time morning came I too was slightly under the weather. The morning went by in a fog and when lunch time finally came I was looking forward to resting while the kids napped but, apparently Anthony is allergic to kiwis and the afternoon we spent cleaning up after him and praying that another ER visit wasn't necessary. Thankfully the Benadryl kicked enough to calm down his system. Well, after one accident at nap time and a dinner that was a disaster the time for Harper's party finally arrived. She wasn't overly excited by all the family and friends that came to shower her with gifts but we got through the day alive thankfully. By the end of it all Josh and I had to sit back and laugh at how strange a day it had been and how different it had all turned out in the end.

Not real sure as what to do with the gifts but the paper they came in was a huge hit!

Getting all pretty for her party.

The guests. We had a great group of family and friends...
...as you can see :)

Happy birthday little one. May our Lord and Saviour bless you with many, many more. All our love!!

No comments: